Some of you are probably wondering why we waited so long to get Chris to a doctor. Like I said, we noticed something wasn't right about a month and a half before we did anything about it. The first reason was denial. I feel like we both knew what was going on (and hoped it would just go away) and that made the second reason even worse.
Chris doesn't have medical insurance.
It's a long story, and I'm not going into detail on here, but that's the gist of it. He should have it, but papers got lost in the shuffle (not on his end) and now he's got cancer and no insurance.
Did I mention I don't have a job right now either?
So, we bit the bullet and took him to the emergency room. I can't live without him ya know? Whatever the cost, he needs to get better! Needless to say we are struggling. We have family helping us out in all different ways but we still worry about it. Last night, I was worrying about money and doctor bills and life but Chris totally talked me out of that funk. He's good at that. We'll be fine, we just have a lot of prioritizing and money shuffling to do!
Chris went back to work about a week ago. How does that make me feel? Like total crap. There he is working and here I am sitting on my butt writing a blog. I guess it's guilt? I don't know, but I do wish I could go back to school (not happening now) instead, I'll probably end up with another crappy job just to pay the bills. That's a whole 'nother post.
Chris loves his job and I'm hoping that he gets to keep it. Of course he will! He's so strong! He needs it for his sanity. Dr K., his oncologist, said that he has the best possible job to have while going through chemotherapy. He sits at a desk and helps all of you people who call with questions/problems with your iPhones (he works for a contract company so not exactly for Apple otherwise I'm sure he'd have insurance). In fact, Dr. K. told Chris not to quit, or take a lot of time off, because that would be very unhealthy for his sanity! Haha. Sanity.
You know what helps me keep my sanity? Lunch dates with my friend Kim. She's having a baby and it totally takes my mind off of all of this. We met at Chuy's today and we had a good two and a half hour chat and chips and creamy jalapeno dip!
I've used a lot of parentheses in this post. It's annoying me.
I just want to take a minute and let my 3 readers (love ya'll!) know that, yes, this blog will be about Chris and his cancer...but originally I wanted to start this blog months ago for my own reasons. I was hoping it would be one of those fun crafty, recipe filled, witty blogs about mommyhood no I'm not pregnant but instead, right now it's this. I'm okay with that. Just know that from here on out I'll probably dabble into those other topics too. Okay, not the crafty part but I do love to cook and eat...I'm also planning on strapping Chris to the couch with my laptop so he'll post on here himself. Because I know you all love him madly. I think he's actually working on his own blog he's going to steal my 3 readers! so I'll point you in his direction whenever he lets me know.
Hey! So why don't you guys leave a comment. Just say Hi! or something. We'd like to meet our blog stalkers.
Pretty soon I'll be writing a post about chemotherapy. Look for it.
Alright this blog is all over the place I don't even know how to label it. I'm done.
6 comments:
Ok, I admit, I'm one of your blog stalkers. I'm praying for you guys, and I can't ever seem to get these comments to work! Hope it works this time :) HUGS!!!!!! let me know if there's anything I can do!
Shay
Ah ha! Busted! Just kidding. I'm glad you left a comment :) Thanks, Shay
mailed your card out today! :)
brandi
Dad and I are keeping you in our thoughts...we are hoping that all in all you have a wonderful christmas! As far as jumping from topic to topic...it's cool, since I have a hard time stayin on topic on a good day!
Darn it girl now you got me crying again, blasted hormones. You don't know how badly I wish I could take all this mess from you both. Ash, you are one of the nicest ppl I have ever met. Chris, well I personally think you are a sweetheart but Ash says you have me fooled lol.
Ash- those lunches mean alot to me too. I rarely get any girl time anymore since I stopped working. It really wasn't the same after you left.
Kim
I love those sappy comments! We will do lunch again soon.
Post a Comment