Men.
Anyway I came across a recipe for Beef Stroganoff (that you throw in the crock pot!) and it's really good.
Beef Stroganoff
What you need-
1-2 lbs stew beef (I used around 1.3 pounds and mine was already cut up quite small)
2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup (the secret ingredient)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
1 14 oz can low sodium beef broth
8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (totally optional, and I totally left them out) Ew.
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz low fat cream cheese- room temp
1/2 cup light sour cream
Noodles of your choice-I used whole grain wide egg noodles
What you do-
Combine all ingredients except for the cream cheese and sour cream, in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. I think mine went for closer to 7 and it was fine. At least an hour before it's done cooking, add in the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir often until ready to Serve. It takes a while for the cream cheese and sour cream to break down, but be patient! It'll be worth it!
It makes around 4 servings, and if you did want to count WW points, with a serving of noodles it's 16 points.
Sometimes you have to sacrifice points to keep the other people you feed happy!
2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup (the secret ingredient)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
1 14 oz can low sodium beef broth
8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (totally optional, and I totally left them out) Ew.
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz low fat cream cheese- room temp
1/2 cup light sour cream
Noodles of your choice-I used whole grain wide egg noodles
What you do-
Combine all ingredients except for the cream cheese and sour cream, in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. I think mine went for closer to 7 and it was fine. At least an hour before it's done cooking, add in the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir often until ready to Serve. It takes a while for the cream cheese and sour cream to break down, but be patient! It'll be worth it!
It makes around 4 servings, and if you did want to count WW points, with a serving of noodles it's 16 points.
Sometimes you have to sacrifice points to keep the other people you feed happy!

No comments:
Post a Comment