Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Suckage

Honestly? Could the weekend have been any more lame? I mean really.

I'll preface this post by saying we didn't even clean house on Sunday. We always clean the house on  Sunday. I can think of maybe three times in the two years we've lived here that we haven't cleaned. This is a big deal people. Our house isn't dirty...but we have a cat. A super hairy cat who lays around everywhere. And everywhere she lays? Hair. Lots of it. So it gets grody in here...fast. Regardless, I had to give one chore up this weekend in order to fit everything else in, and that was it. 

Ugh. 

I was in a mood all weekend. Because of a lot of things I don't want to talk about. Thankfully, I got some 'me' time on Saturday night while the boys went to a baseball game. Lord knows I didn't want to sit through that torture. So, a bubble bath, pedicure, and HGTV re-runs? That's exactly what I did.

Oh, did I mention that I FELL DOWN OUR STAIRS on Saturday. Dude. I don't know how it happened. I was nearly all the way down them (only 4 or so steps to go) and I guess my foot slipped. I don't remember any of it except C, (who was behind T, who was behind me) yelling 'OH, SHIT'. And then I was trying to straighten myself up at the bottom of the stairs. Maybe I blacked out? I have no idea, I don't remember the fall, but my left hip and butt hurt. Still.


Then on Sunday I had to go into work. That was lame, and totally not worth the gas to just stand there for an hour and a half in the HEAT for our 'Summer Social'. None of my students/parents even showed up. Hell, no one really showed up, except for the teachers. 

The bright side of that was that C took my car in for an oil change, and also a wash and gas fill up while I was gone. I drove his car to work. I'm not sure why he's so good to me when I'm in one of my bitchy moods. 

Wait, where was I going with all of this?


No comments: