Image Map

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bubble Up Enchilada Bake

This was a WW friendly recipe-until I got my hands on it. It still was technically a 'good' one, I just bulked it up a bit.

Bubble Up Enchilada Bake

What you need-

1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey if thats your thing)
1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 16 ounce can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits (I used Grands!)
1 small can whole kernel corn
1 can black beans
1 packet taco seasoning (I like the spice it adds)
1 1/4 cups shredded low fat Mexican cheese

Extras you may want-
Sour cream, scallions, salsa, or black olives (ew).

Don't let the biscuits throw you off. They threw me at first, (biscuits?! with enchiladas?) 
Trust me. 

Crappy iPhone pic. 


What you do-

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown and drain your meat. Add in the corn and beans once the meat is browned. Mix in the enchilada and tomato sauces, also toss in the taco seasoning. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes while you tend to the biscuits.

Open the can of biscuits, cut each biscuit into fourths. Little triangles! Throw them all into the meat mixture. Grease a 9X13 baking dish. Dump the meat/biscuit mixture into the casserole dish and throw it into the oven for 25ish minutes. Or until the biscuits are done. Take the casserole out of the oven, top it with the cheese and stick it back in the oven a couple of minutes-long enough to melt the cheese. 

I topped mine with light sour cream and scallions. It was delish. C liked it too, and he's not a casserole guy. 

If you're a WW member and you use e-tools, throw this into the recipe builder to find out how many points. 

Serves 6-8

No comments: