Image Map

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Basics.

I've done something I said I'd never do. Because...

"I'm not old enough."

"I don't want to spend a lot of money."

Blah, blah, blah.

I bought Mary Kay makeup a few weeks back.


And I love it.

Actually, I'm not sure if it's the makeup that I love, or the brush I use to put it on, but I really like it.

I used to wear Clinique when I was in high school, but that's when someone else was buying it for me and I didn't have to shell out my own money. 

Since then, I'd just been using Neutrogena foundation. When I ran out of it this last time, I noticed how much it had gone up in price, and I decided to see what else was out there. 

Other brands tend to break my skin out so I had to be careful. Anyway, a few weeks ago some of the ladies in my family were invited to a MK party. 

Think, mini-makeover.

I don't think any of us walked out of there without a bag full of stuff. The foundation didn't cost much more than the stuff I'd been buying, and I didn't have to buy powder in addition to the foundation like I was used to doing. Score!

Money saved.

I don't wear much makeup to begin with. Just foundation, eye shadows,  and mascara. I don't spend a lot of time on it in the morning. Why should I? All I do is wipe butts and get covered in baby food/spit up all day.

I didn't care for the mascara that I tried that day, so I'll stick to my cheap drugstore brand. The MK brand was way to hard to take off. 

I'd never sell it, although I hope someone in my family does, so I can get the goods at an even better price.

So yeah, I used to think only old ladies who wore pearls and way to much perfume wore MK. Maybe that's still true, but I like everything I've tried so far.

No comments: