Image Map

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Same Age




Chris turned 25 today. Now I can't throw the  "Shut up and listen to me because I'm right older than you" card out anymore. That's right. I can use that line for three solid months.

Not that I ever do.

I made him this totally obnoxious cake yesterday. He he helped-by washing the dishes as we went. Ya know, because our kitchen is the size of a closet, therefore we don't have a fully equipped kitchen. Alas, only one bowl big enough to do any type of baking/mixing in/with.

Back to the cake. Mine looked nothing like that.

At all.
Yes, there's only one candle on it. I didn't want to burn anyone's house down yesterday. We are in a severe drought down here for what it's worth.

In my opinion, the frosting was the only good thing about the cake.

Guess who has half of a cake in her fridge at this very moment?

We both took the day off from work today. To do what fun/amazing/memorable thing you ask?

Well if you have to know, we cleaned the house, both of the cars inside and out, and did laundry.



Best. Birthday. Ever.

Now he's laying on the bed playing on his phone like he does every other day of the year.

My aunt and her hubby are taking us out to dinner today. So that's fun.

Oh, and before you ask...Do you see that blue car up there? Yeah, that one. That was his birthday gift. For the next 43 years.

I'm glad we've had such a productive day. He should have birthdays more often.

Happy Birthday Chris!

No comments: