Everyone who used to regularly read my blog talks about how they miss my recipe postings.
Well, here's a goodie for ya.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
What you need:
4 ounces linguine (or any wide) pasta
2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (I actually cube mine up)
2 tsp. cajun seasoning
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced (I usually choose only a red one I omit the green)
4 fresh mushrooms sliced (I loathe mushrooms so I don't use these either)
1 green onion sliced
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
A few dashes of black pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Boil the pasta, cook until al dente. Drain.
Throw the chicken and cajun seasoning into a plastic bag. Shake it until the chicken is coated. In a large skillet, throw some butter and the chicken into it and saute for about 6 minutes.
Add the peppers, mushrooms (gag), and onion to the skillet with the chicken. Saute and stir for 3 minutes. You want the veggies to not get super mushy.
Reduce the heat.
Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper into the skillet. Mix well. Toss in the linguine. Heat through, and just before serving, top with the parmesan cheese.
I serve mine with a green veggie, or salad and of course, bread. Gotta have my carbs.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment