Image Map

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Five Years

Today it's been five years.

A little over five years since I've heard your voice. Since I've watched you walk across a room. Or had you ask me to listen to a speech you'd written for our speech class that we took together. It's been five years since we made a Sonic run for cherry Dr. Peppers.

Exactly five years to the day since I've spoken to you... 

And asked you to wake up, because this was the last chance you'd have because we had a decision to make.

You never did listen to me. Not even when I begged you not to get that tacky tattoo. Or leave my dad. 

Damnit Mom.

If you would have woken up, what would have been different? 

Days do get easier. But, thinking of days to come, a wedding, a birth, all of those milestones, and knowing you won't be right here to go through them with me? That sucks.

And I miss you. 








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know its not the same but she's still with you and always will be. She raised an amazing daughter. Kim